Monday, March 5, 2012

Andrew Morrison - Week 1

I spent this week researching new music styles and figuring out ways to combine them into unique pieces to fit the dominantly Asian motif of this game.  One of the pieces I chose to most listen to was the song Samurai by Juno reactor, which combines elements of techno and mandolin/pan flute music.

Going back to previous projects, and experimenting with streaming sounds to minimize memory consumption.  I must now also figure out ways to minimize the amount of physical memory taken up by the audio, while also maintaining high quality sound.  My previous project contained roughly 20 megabytes of audio, and while Fat Ninja will require significantly less, the struggle to balance compression with quality resounds.

I am looking forward to the completion of this project and hopefully, putting it on the Android Market!

-DM

No comments:

Post a Comment