Monday, March 5, 2012

Tate Marske - Week 1

I spent most of this week writing and developing a full High Concept Document for our game.  The main goal of this was to give each of my group members a much clearer idea of where this game would be going and what I would be looking for from my team.  

I also began looking a bit into OpenGL capabilities on Android devices.  I've chosen to write the framework to incorporate these capabilities as it is quick, easy on memory, and can accomplish many things much more easily than using Graphics and Canvas classes can.  Even though the game will be two-dimensional, building the game in this '3D' space will create many different opportunities for the game itself.

In order to learn more about OpenGL for Android, I've been reading a book entitled "Beginning Android Games" by Mario Zechner.  There are many great resources and references in this book, and I've read parts before to become more familiar with using Java as a whole for Android.

All in all it has been a productive first week.  Although I will be at GDC 2012 all of next week, I still plan to keep up with my studies and will be reading up further on OpenGL.  Who knows, maybe I'll get some actual code written!  However, priority number 1 is to get the full Game Design Document completed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment