Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tate Marske - Week 2

     This week was certainly a bit of a stretch, as I spent most of it at the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco!  Besides the fact that I had an absolute blast, I still worked to create a rough Game Design Document draft for my team and I.  We took a look at it during our meeting and even added a few new ideas, which is great.  We also worked together to create a statement of work for the course of our first eight weeks.  We decided that in order to have something worthy of being able to be considered an alpha build, we should be sure to have a full level implemented by the end of the first eight weeks.  We will need a full engine and framework build in Java, as many sprite sheets for characters and enemies as possible, sounds for our character as he sprints through our intro level(s), and the full design for the first level must be completed and then translated into code.  Over the course of the next couple of weeks, I hope to fully bring our game design document to life and get past the large roadblock in code development.  Should be a cinch, so long as I don't wind up in San Francisco again!

No comments:

Post a Comment